We have had a very successful week in school with our year 10 students. It has been great to see so many familiar faces.
From Monday we welcome back year 12 also. Year 12 will have 3 hours of teaching for each subject each week. Year 12 students will be taught in a completely separate “bubble” from the year 10s.
The DFE has informed us that we are now able to invite any student into school for a one-to-one meeting.
Our ambition is that every student will have been in to school for a chat before we return in September. Some meetings will take place in the next 3 weeks and staff have also volunteered to come into school during the holidays for meetings.
If you would like your child to have a one-to-one meeting in school please contact us.
Some other important pieces of information
• We are planning for a full re-opening of school in September, though obviously this depends on government advice
• Students will need full uniform for September. We are planning to make ties and badges available to pick up from reception during August.
• School buses are now running in the morning and afternoon. Students must wear a face covering to use a school bus.
• We are planning to run a set of 4 transition days for our new year 7s in the week beginning August 17th. More details will follow soon. Also, our new year 7s will have an additional transition day in September.
• For parents of new year 7s – please check that you have filled in the student data form at http://southwirral.wirral.sch.uk/transition2020/
I hope you all enjoy a restful weekend,