28th February 2020
You will have heard on the news recently that Coronavirus is a public health concern. I would like to reassure you that at school we are monitoring this situation very closely and will of course keep you informed should we need to take any action in order to safeguard the health and safety of our school community.
Currently Public Health England advise that:-
- Coronavirus can cause flu-like symptoms including fever, cough and difficulty breathing.
- The infection is not serious for most people including children.
- There is no vaccine.
- Most people will get better with enough rest, water to drink and medicine for pain.
You can help to stop the virus spreading by:-
- If you need to cough or sneeze – Catch it, Bin It, Kill it.
- You should wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser
- After breaks and sport
- Before cooking and eating
- On arrival at school
- After using the toilet
- Before leaving home
- Try not to touch your eyes nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Do not share items such as cups and bottles
- If you are unwell do not share bedding, dishes, pencils and towels
Meanwhile can we reinforce the advice that if you, or your son/daughter has recently travelled back from any of the countries currently identified as being at risk, including northern Italy, please let us know immediately so that we can support you. You can do this by ringing reception or emailing us.
As an extra precaution, anyone returning from an at-risk area will be asked to remain at home for 2 weeks.
More information can be found at coronavirus www.gov.uk/coronavirus as the information is subject to change as the virus spreads.
We will reinforce this message to the students in assemblies next week.