We have been sent the following information regarding Merseyrail train services:
Due to the impact of the Omicron COVID-19 variant which has led to an increase in staff absence, services on all lines on the Merseyrail network will change to a 30-minute service from 17th January until further notice. It is hoped that by taking these measures that we will be able to avoid last minute cancellations and give passengers time to adjust their travel plans where needed.
Merseyrail customers have been reminded that the wearing of face coverings on public transport is mandatory unless exempt, and we will continue to encourage everyone to follow the below guidance to keep both themselves and others safe:
• Avoid peak travel where possible (between 07:00-09:30 and 16:00-18:30)
• Allow extra time for their journey
• To protect themselves and others, customers must wear a face covering unless exempt. Fines may apply. All customers travelling on Merseyrail must wear a face covering both within our stations and on our trains.
• Use contactless payments where possible
• Wash or sanitise hands as soon as possible before and after travel
• Follow advice from staff and be considerate to other passengers
• Not to use public transport if customers have COVID-19 symptoms or have been instructed to self-isolate.